£2m for 28.6% equity
Our mission is to be the gel supplier of choice for global drug development and regenerative medicine.
How UNI-GEL works?
UNI-GEL is a platform solution for drug discovery and regenerative medicine through the ability to
- mimic the human body to support cell culture for drug discovery.
- flex to the required tunability to mimic different parts of the body
- be used within printable biocompatible bio-inks for regenerative medicine.
- Short-comings in predictive modelling are impeding effective drug discovery and regenerative medicine techniques
- Regenerative medicine requires biomaterials, scaffolds and cells generated from robust and reliable materials
- 3D-Bioprinting offers potential to implant tissue therapeutics rather than whole organs in a consistent and safe manner
- Cell Based Assay Mkt $22bn in 2025
- Regenerative Market $39m in 2023
1.HYDROGELS that are a superior alternative to Matrigel
2.BIO-INKS which will be utilized in large scale regenerative medicine.
Peptide hydrogels combine all the key attributes that are essential for robust and highly reproducible cell-derived data.
Ease of use and regenerative adaptability make biogelx a future market leader.
Our mission is to be the gel supplier of choice for global drug development and regenerative medicine
BioCity Scotland, Newhouse, Scotland
£2.0m for 28.6% equity (Q3 2021)
|Use of funds||
|Existing investors||Strathclyde University
Scottish Investment Bank
|Leadership||Dr Alison Clayton. CEO. 25yrs+ in operational and scientific leadership.
Dr Mhairi Rodgers. Heads of Ops. Specialist in biotechnology and 3D biomaterials.
Dr Chris Allan. Senior Scientist, responsible for new product development.
John Waddell Chairman. Extensive experience of driving value to successful exit.
Margaret Temple Non-Exec. Experienced BD and exiting in the Life Sciences Industry.
Prof Rein Ulijn, Founder and Director, Champion of biomolecular nanoscience
The content of this communication has not been approved by an authorised person within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Reliance on this communication for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity may expose an individual to a significant risk of losing all of the property or other assets invested.
Find out more
To find out more or register your interest in this investment opportunity simply fill in and submit the form below and we will be in touch with you shortly.